The New Year is often a time when many of us make “resolutions” to become our better selves, whether it’s through losing weight, exercising more, having more fun – ah, there we go! Even though Michael and I do have a ton of fun, well, I’d like to focus even a little bit more on more fun this year …. taking dance classes again, getting out full moon skiing (if the clouds skitter off and the wind is below 30 mph on full moon nights), playing more games, and doing more of what Julia Cameron, author of The Artist’s Way, calls Artist Dates. She recommends that on Artist’s dates you think “Mischief more than Mastery.” Well, I can buy that!
I also want to partake more in the spirit of what author Gill Edwards – whose website called Living Magically I just stumbled onto about two weeks ago – calls The Invitations. She crafted these Ten Invites in the Sinai desert, and her website gives permission to re-publish them, so here they are:
- You are invited to love yourself, others, and life without condition – trusting that in an evolving universe, everything is unfolding perfectly.
- You are invited to do only what makes your heart sing and your spirit dance. Only that! [I really really like this one!!]
- You are invited to live fearlessly and passionately – to step into your divinity while embracing your humanity.
- You are invited to treat yourself and others with extraordinary respect and kindness – reaching out with Love towards all beings and seeing the Light within everyone. [Okay, I’m gonna admit that this may be a challenge with just a tiny few of the beings on the earth.]
- You are invited to honor everyone else’s beliefs, feelings, values, and choices – knowing these add to the variety of life, and that everyone’s path or guidance is unique.
- You are invited to honor the earth, your body, and all of creation as sacred and divine – and to celebrate life in all its richness. [I’m sure that richness includes good tequila and fine wine now and again.]
- You are invited to choose your own mission or purpose, expressing your creative gifts, talents, and vision in whatever way feels most joyful.
- You are invited to listen to the inner voice of Love, which always sets you free – knowing that your goodness and worthiness are never in question, and that you can do no wrong.
- You are invited to trust in a loving and abundant universe. Ask and it is given. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and the door shall be opened.
- You are invited to follow your dreams and desires – trusting your feelings and using your imagination, to create your own heaven on earth.
I’m also going to invite myself to have more fun making more bread this year. I love good, crusty peasant bread, and we already made some yesterday.
This was a two-day bread that started with a fermented poolish – which Michael made and did a great job on. I just shaped it and sprayed the oven to keep it misty – and make that yummy peasant crust.
So, here’s to your daily bread and your daily joy every day in 2011!